But one thing that caught my eye was that measly epsilon symbol that seems to break all the rules! I guess because we are now also studying NFSAs and not DFSAs that there are major differences between them that I will have to get used to, but epsilon still seems to just confuse things. Like, what tells the machine to take the epsilon transition? It seems like more of a probability class now that way prof Heap showed it to us! Haha. But really, I guess the correct way to look at these epsilon transitions is that we must examine all possibilities and paths given that these transitions may or may not occur, and through this we can devise if a string is accepted by the machine according to the language it represents.
I wish I could use epsilons to show my transitions to how I get answers on tests! HA... yea not funny.
You might be able to use epsilon to explain how you produce answers on tests... but first you'll have to demonstrate that you are a finite state automaton! This depends on what you think of free will and other non-mathematical concepts. :)
ReplyDelete