Thursday, 18 October 2012

Well into the "good stuff"

Well we are now several weeks into the course and its fascinating how much can be taught about one concept.. induction. Assignment 1 was somewhat disappointing for myself as for some reason induction wasn't "clicking" for me yet, and after studying effectively for test 1 things began to seem clearer in terms of coming up with induction proofs (let it be well ordering, complete or math). 

Things are beginning to "click in" around this time of the course and after a much much better Test 1 mark I feel more confident in my proving abilities for this course. It's somewhat funny to look back to A1 and think to myself "What was I thinking??", after spending about 2 hours redoing the entire assignment I was able to condense my proofs into just a fraction of what I had before (since I realized what I was doing now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment